Crow Wing County Land Services Lists Available Services – Pine and Lakes Echo Journal
The Crow Wing County Land Services Department is available to help with a variety of needs, from vital signs to registration to permits and more. Many services are available online and at the customer service desk.
The following services can be completed online, by phone, by mail, at the counter or by using the drop box located in front of the Land Services building in Brainerd:
- Land Use Permit: These can be applied and paid for online at https://enviropermits.crowwing.us/ Questions about this process or the application process can be directed to 218-824-1010.
- Property requests: These are available online to print and fill out. They should be mailed to the county office at the address below.
- Electronic registration of documents: These can be filed online through the Crow Wing County website.
- Vitals: Birth, death and marriage certificate applications are available online and can be mailed to the office for completion at the address below.
- Marriage Licenses: These can be applied for online at https://moms.mn.gov/application/ and within 90 days applicants will need to come to the office to pay the fee and sign the application.
- Tax payments: Taxpayers whose tax payments are not escrowed and paid through their mortgage company have a variety of payment options:
- Online by debit or credit card. Log on to the county’s website at www.crowwing.us, click “How Do I” and under “Pay”, select “Property Tax”. Applicants will need their eight-digit parcel identification number for each paid parcel. A 2.35% fee is applied for all card payments.
- By mail by check or money order sent to 322 Laurel St., Suite 15, Brainerd, MN 56401. Tax payments sent by mail must be postmarked by Saturday, May 15 to avoid late payment penalties. Taxpayers are urged to mail their payment at least three days before the May 15 deadline.
- Drop box located outside the Ground Services building.
- Customer Service Desk: The Land Services Office is open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday for all services.
- Outstanding Taxes: Call the office at 218-824-1010 before paying online, mailing, or depositing payment of the current balance due.
Contact the Department of Land Services with any questions by calling 218-824-1010; email [email protected]; mail to Crow Wing County Land Services, 322 Laurel St., Suite 15, Brainerd, MN 56401; or by visiting www.crowwing.us