Crow Wing County Land Services lists available services
The Crow Wing County Land Services Department is available to meet a variety of needs, from vital signs to registration, permits and more. Many services are available online and at the customer service counter.
The following services can be completed online, by phone, by mail, at the counter or by using the drop box located in front of the Land Services building in Brainerd:
- Land use permit: These can be applied and paid for online at https://enviropermits.crowwing.us/ Questions about this process or the application process can be directed to 218-824-1010.
- Homestead inquiries: These are available online to print and complete. They should be sent to the county office at the address below.
- Electronic document recording: These can be filed online at the Crow Wing County website.
- Vital: Applications for birth, death and marriage certificates are available online and can be mailed to the office for completion at the address below.
- Marriage licenses: These can be requested online at https://moms.mn.gov/application/ and within 90 days applicants will be required to come to the office to pay the fee and sign the application.
- Tax payments: Taxpayers whose tax payments are not blocked and paid through their mortgage company have a variety of payment options:
- Online by debit or credit card. Log on to the county website at www.crowwing.us, click on “How do I” and under “Pay” select “Property tax”. Applicants will need their eight-digit parcel identification number for each paid parcel. A 2.35% fee is charged for all card payments.
- Mailed by check or money order sent to 322 Laurel St., Suite 15, Brainerd, MN 56401. Tax payments sent by mail must be postmarked by Saturday May 15th to avoid late payment penalties. Taxpayers are advised to deposit their payment by mail at least three days before the May 15 deadline.
- Drop box located outside the land services building.
- Customer Service Counter: The Land Services Office is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday for all services.
- Overdue Taxes: Call the office at 218-824-1010 before paying online, mailing or depositing payment for the current balance owed.
Contact the Land Services Department with any questions by calling 218-824-1010; send an email to [email protected]; by mail to Crow Wing County Land Services, 322 Laurel St., Suite 15, Brainerd, MN 56401; or by visiting www.crowwing.us