The highly anticipated NSW Landcare and Local Land Services 2022 conference program is sure to delight, with an incredible line-up of presenters and panels revealed.
The three-day event, which runs Tuesday, March 15-Thursday, March 17, 2022, will feature expert speakers and testimonials from Landcarers across the state who will challenge delegates to rethink how best to care for land and waterways.
Held at Tweed Heads on the NSW North Coast, the program includes a range of exciting field trips and presentations from Landcare groups, conservationists, universities, government agencies and custodians of First Nations.
The conference will be headlined by a keynote address by NSW Resilience Commissioner, Shane Fitzsimmons. A few of the other highlights include:
- Dr. Robert Kooyman is a plenary speaker, delving into evolutionary ecology and fire in the rainforest.
- Kate Steel, Josie Banens and Oliver Costello will bring local reflection on the fires in Nightcap National Park and the healing process of the country and community.
- Ian Hansen will look at Early Change Monitoring – Rethinking our approach to identifying native vegetation clearing and engaging with our community of landowners.
- Matthew Smith and Nigel Blake from Coffs Harbor and LALC Districts will share with us their process of healing Gumbaynggirr country with ceremony, bush regeneration and habitat rebuilding.
Landcare NSW President Stephanie Cameron said the opportunity for Landcarers across the state to come together and share their experiences was invaluable.
“The conference allows Landcarers to come together and share their experiences, learnings and results with each other,” Ms Cameron said.
“The opportunity to be together in person, to connect, and to celebrate the efforts of all of the people who care for and manage natural resources and improve sustainable land management practices across the state is something to behold. do not miss.”
Those interested in attending the conference can now purchase their tickets at preferential prices, with the first set of tickets going on sale until Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
To view the full conference program and book your tickets today, visit www.nswlandcareconference.com.au
Statewide Local Lands Acting Chairperson Allison Harker encouraged passionate individuals and groups from across New South Wales to attend the conference and contribute to the conference theme. Rethink, renew, recharge”.
“This is a great opportunity for Landcarers and passionate landowners to hear from their colleagues across the state as well as industry experts, as they share their on-the-ground experiences and learnings with the community. Landcare writ large,” Ms Harker said.
The 2022 NSW Landcare and Local Land Services Conference includes:
Day 1 – Tuesday March 15, 2022:
- Landcare Muster
- Welcome to the Country by Traditional Owners – Banaam
- Keynote address by NSW Resilience Commissioner and former Rural Fire Service (RFS) Commissioner, Shane Fitzsimmons
Day 2 – Wednesday March 16, 2022:
- Seven great field trips offered to give Landcarers the opportunity to renew their passion for Landcare practices while recharging their batteries around the beautiful rivers of the North
- Landcare 2021 Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner
Day 3 – Thursday March 17, 2022:
- Day of inspiring presentations including keynote speaker Dr. Robert Kooyman
- 20 engaging presentations on topics around community engagement, land management and biodiversity
- Two exciting panels – Regenerate Agriculture and Save Our Biodiversity.